We often set aside articles that are longer, deserve a re-read, are broader in scope…or just for fun — for weekend reading. Below are some from this week — pour yourself a hot cup of coffee & enjoy...
- Prof G Conversation with Fareed Zakaria - The Conflict in Israel and the state of foreign affairs (podcast skip to minute 19:30) (Apple Podcasts)
- The Economy (Taylor’s Version): See how much money Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour actually made (Washington Post)
- The Worst Bond Bear Market in History: The bond bear market of the 1950s through the early-1980s was more of a death-by-a-thousand cuts. And the source of those cuts was inflation (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- How the attacks in Israel are changing Threads: Three months into its existence, the app’s purpose may be coming into focus — if Meta will embrace it (Platformer)
- In the War Against Russia, Some Ukrainians Carry AK-47s. Andrey Liscovich Carries a Shopping List (Wired)
- I Got Paid to Spy on People While They Worked: The job was Mystery Shopper, part of a shadowy $1.5 billion industry. The personal cost was unbearable (Esquire)
- Artificial General Intelligence Is Already Here (NOEMA)
- Has Bob Iger Lost the Magic? (Businessweek)
- ‘People are happier in a walkable neighbourhood’: the US town that banned cars (The Guardian)
What are you reading or listening to?