We often set aside articles that are longer, deserve a re-read, are broader in scope…or just for fun — for weekend reading. Below are some from this week — enjoy...
- Corner Stores Are the New Darlings of the Global Tech Industry A billion-dollar effort to turn these unassuming shops into mini–tech hubs is only just beginning. (The Atlantic)
- The Office Is an Efficiency Trap: (Wired)
Inside the ‘Misinformation’ Wars (New York Times)
- The Inflation-Fighting Bill You Don’t Know About. An overwhelmingly bipartisan effort would finally crack down on the ocean shipping cartel. (American Prospect)
- Trump’s White House Emailed About a PowerPoint on How to End American Democracy (Rolling Stone)
- Meadows Was Deeply Involved in Fighting Election Outcome, Jan. 6 Panel Says (New York Times)
- Meet the real NASA scientist behind Netflix’s Don’t Look Up. All in a day’s work: discovering comets, saving the planet, and smashing the patriarchy (The Verge)
- NFTs explained: Why people are spending millions of dollars on JPEGs (CNET)
What are you reading or listening to?