My process begins with the creation of a client’s risk, return and tax profile. I then create a comprehensive Investment Policy Statement (“IPS”) which sets out a clear written plan for the long-term management of assets. If your portfolio has a governing IPS, I will draft my specific mandate. Either of these personalized plans will assist in staying the course particularly during periods of market turbulence or exuberance.
- Richardson Wealth Estate & Tax Professionals provides support in the development and implementation of customized solutions for clients encompassing financial, tax, estate, philanthropic and succession planning strategies.
- Richardson Wealth Asset Management helps deliver objective and quality advice on macro-economic issues as well as asset allocation and security selection.
- Third-Party Providers including Thomson Reuters, Morningstar and more offer additional fundamental and technical analyses.
My investment philosophy
The core of a portfolio is designed to meet any specified objectives, enhance diversification and deliver asset class returns in a cost and tax-effective manner.
- Manage Concentrated Portfolios. The portfolios generally hold between 30-40 companies, protecting clients from over-diversification.
- Not Managed to Benchmarks. While benchmarks are important for analyzing relative success, my primary focus is to provide the best-possible risk-adjusted returns for my clients.
- Buy Businesses, Not Stocks. Analyze each holding as if it was a buy-out target.
- Screening hundreds of stocks to zero in on those with consistently strong and growing cash flows and only making that trade at an attractive price.
- Using a combination of fundamental and technical analysis to determine which stocks to buy and when to buy them.
- Lower institutional-level management fees.
- Low turnover, bulk trading – not commission oriented.
- In-house customized reporting and account administration included.
- The fixed income component would be structured for the purpose it is intended: cash-flow and/or diversification within the overall portfolio.